Friday, May 31, 2013

Hives

You know with my illnesses I can break out in hives at anytime. Like right now at 3:50am. It is lovely really. I am covered in huge welts. Took 10mg of Prednisone, 50mg of Benedryl. That wasn't helping. Time to call my lovely pharmacist and ask him if I can use my Epipen as well. He said yes if the other things didn't help. Apparently I am guessing I am now allergic to Macrobid. Good thing to find out in the middle of the night. 

So I am now laying her dizzy from the Benedryl and the Epipen. Hoping the hives will pass soon. When I get them this bad it is head to toe...grr

Hives to itch or not to itch...that is the question....grr

Well the saga of hives I think has finally ended. After one long couple of days. Yesterday morning I woke up and they started again. They were big welts all over. I had iv therapy so I was in good hands. I called my doctor and he had them give me a steroid injection and benedryl. I finished my therapy. Stopped at a wonderful antique store. Bought a hat and an antique blanket. Got home took a nap woke up hot with more hives. The one on my thigh was as large as my thigh. I took more Benedryl and a Prednisone. Covered myself in aloe and lidocaine gel. Then laid down for a bit. Went to the store when hubby got home for my hive kit. Aveeno, Benedryl gel, anti itch gel, soap, soap bar...I stood in line itching. Was fun. Not... I think they may finally be over. I am really going to have to be careful with heat and sun this summer if I get hot I get hives, if I sweat I get hives. Going to be a long summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment