Thursday, July 4, 2013

Independence Day

As I think about the meaning of America's Birthday I remember the past celebrations with my family. It was so much fun cooking out, spending time together and fireworks.

No not the pack up your car and go to some crowded location to watch them with a bunch of people. I think we did that once and I didn't like it. I miss the days when my Grandpa and Dad would light a bunch of fireworks and throw them in the yard. To feel that energy and excitment is what I miss.

America is supposed to be about freedom but sadly our Government has taken so many of our rights away.

With trampling the constitution and what it means to taking basic rights from women etc. Freedom isn't Free and I don't feel America is about freedom anymore.

I understand the dangers of fireworks I really do. My Mother worked in the medical field and told us about how fingers were blow off etc. But the saying of how fireworks are dangerous is yet another freedom that has been taken from us by yet another law. Yes they are dangerous but they are also fun.

Families would get together and blow them off now barely anyone on the street do it anymore for fear of the fine and or jail time. Fireworks should be legal on Independence Day, The Fourth of July, July 4th whatever people call it. People aren't dumb and they can be responsible. They know they are dangerous so some are careful those that aren't and injure themselves well then that is on them. But taking everyone's right to blow of fireworks on the nation's birthday is wrong. Yes I said it wrong. Cleveland allows cheesy fireworks to be let off by residents. Oh wow such fun. So it is not. It is so boring just like sitting watching a bunch of people packed in just to watch fireworks.

They sell the good fireworks here but you have to sign a waiver about not shooting them off. Seriously if you are going to sell them we we should be able to buy them to light them off without the fear of a ticket or fine. The law needs to be changed already for at least the day of the fourth of July. So many of our other freedoms and rights have been taken from us by the government. We should be allowed to show at least some celebration on Independence Day.

With that I bid everyone a safe and fun Independence Day. Have fun with your family and friends and remember big brother is watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment