Saturday, June 15, 2013

Another Outburst...Thought We Were Doing Fine

My son is 23 yeard old and functions between 8-14. His diagnosis is bipolar, mild adhd and oppositional defiance disorder. I am thinking some autism and borderline personality disorder at this point as well.  Adding to his problems the no child left behind act left him educationally behind. His grade level was between K-1 when they graduated him high school level. Stopping him from being able to go back to school. He has major outbursts. This evening was one.

Another outburst this evening. We had been doing fine so I thought. It started like any other day. He got up and was barely awake and his conversation was already adding to his growing list of material things. If I was a millionaire I still wouldn't be able to buy his growing list. Then the game clan that by the way I need to build ASAP. Have we forgotten I have real world things to do like chores, laundry and cleaning house and oh working. No what he wants us supposed to come first.

Ok well the rest of the day was fine. I was taking a nap until hr woke me up due to a crisis. His brand new laptop is lagging and since I know 'everything' about computers I need to fix it. Just did the other day. Nothing wrong with it. But since it doesn't have the speed of a NASCAR then it is broken. Told him stop running so many programs at once...well he has to. So I told him it will stay lagging.

Go downstairs to let the dogs out, check the laundry and wash dishes. I hear his bed bounce, bounce, bounce...crash...great I am thinking he broke the bed again. My son believes the bed is a bouncing house from the moon. Stomp, stomp, stomp Mom my bed just broke. I bumped into it. Should have just said fine, but my parental side stepped in...darn no I have to say I heard him jumping on it. With him denying it with the I cannot tell a lie smirk.

But the furniture is cheap. Hmm do you want to see the bill? We can have it fixed..no not doing that I will just sleep on it as is. Forgets bed isn't even paid off yet. In the mist of argument I tell him the bed is not a trampoline. Again well it is your fault for not buying me one. Apparently I have this never-ending bank account. Sure. Tell him I am going disassemble the bed and just put the mattress on the floor. That is also broke was brand new but that is another story.

Then the whole so and so has this and that and I don't so I am a loser. Stop comparing yourself to those with material things. You can't take them with you they aren't things and they don't make you better. I give up and storms out of my room. Yes my room privacy doesn't fly when he is flying off the handle.

Ended up being a night long blow up where he ended up slapping himself in the face numerous times. Never wakes him up to reality so I really wish he would stop doing it. Then after I think all has calmed he comes in an shows me scratched up arms. Stupid me thought he may be coming into apologize. Oh wait I was daydreaming that. He tells me this is how I handle my anger. I said really...seriously. There are better ways to handle anger then having a tantrum at 23. He just stands there well it is your fault you do nothing to take care of me. Really again...want to see more receipts..why me....his guilt trips should be in the book of worlds records.

Has another fit after I tell hubby what he did when he calls. I tell hubby to pick up KFC he has been asking for it for days. We another blow up cause I happen to ask hubby for bail money. Code word there is a problem and wife is stressed with son. So another tirad..neither of us care and he isn't eating. This is why he wants to move out. Thinking wow I gave up what I wanted to eat for you. Didn't say it but I think he knew I was thinking it. Gave him his night meds and he stomped of into his room slammed the door and told me he was going to bed.

Don't know what to do. Just when I think things are figured out with him bang he explodes for no reason. Well he feels he has a reason. Have tried to teach him life doesn't revolve around what you have but, who you are and how you treat others. No he says my life revolves around what I don't have and everyone else does.

Can I say I am dreading when he wakes up in the am?

No comments:

Post a Comment