Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Winter in Cleveland

You know when I was growing up in the 70s we had snow like the 8-10 they are forecasting in this snow storm. It was common and it was great. The snow was beautiful.

When I was little we went up to Canada and the next morning the snow was up to the windows. It was the best thing I ever saw.

When I was little I loved to sled ride. Much to my Dad's dismay I loved sledding down the front stairs with my sister. I also loved when we would go out to Mentor Headlands in Winter. Lake Erie was frozen over. She resembled a beautiful dazzling ice skating rink from nature. The sand dunes were covered under the mounds of sparkling snow. The Headlands lighthouse was breath taking, amazing, mystifing all at the same I would look at her covered in the snow and ice and tell her Spring would come soon and she would be normal again. I love her covered in ice and snow.

I don't know if she was the reason I am drawn to lighthouses. The Marblehead lighthouse and the Headlands one my both be the reason.

I loved the Blizzard of 78 it was marvelous. No visibility. Snow all around wind. I can close my mind and hold it to memory.

Then growing up less and less great snow storms. We didn't live in the snow belt but on the Westside of Cleveland. They got more we got less.

To me and my husband growing up like that unless it is at least 3 ft to me and him it is a powder. People say that is 3 inches. I say well have you heard of the Blizzard of 78? That was snow.

I miss that type of snow I miss that type of nostalgia that the memories bring. The sledding, the playing in the snow making snowmen and snow angels.

I love watching people panic when it gets like this. I looked outside before I crashed and we had about 2 inches. My husband asked about it...still a powder I said it has one more inch then it won't be. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment