Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Saints Row 4 Day

Yes did you know yeterday was Saints Row 4 Day? My son named it. It was the day the newest level of Saints Row came out. To many parents myself included it was "Drive the Parents Nuts Day"

I was able to enjoy my morning and some afternoon as he slept. In silence I was dreading him getting up. Dad wasn't home yet and therefore the game wasn't here.

It began with plopping into my bed asking when Dad was getting home. I said don't know he is still in PA. Here it starts. Well he needs to get home. I told him when he gets home we will go get the game. It isn't soon enough. Gets up starts pacing the halls. Then singing some type of song about not having Saints Row yet. Some type of blues tone to it.

Then he starts making plans how he can go get Saints Row 4 by himself. Robbing a bank, taking a vehicle and crashing into Best Buy and get it. No license thank goodness. Then back to more paving and "Where is Dad now? I don't know not even at the state line yet. Well he needs to hurry up. I said oh sure he is going to drive a semi home at lightening speed to go get your game. Well I don't care he should I want my game.

Ugh. Redirection Mom can I show you what I want to buy? Two hours later searching a site for airsoft guns. I dislike guns (by the way my weapon of choice is a damn good sharp knife). So a list wish a mile and a few thousands of dollars long. That is it where is Dad. At work for the 100th time since you woke up.

Well no one will play on Xbox cause I don't have the game. What if we had no money to buy the game what would you do? Die he says this is the game of the century.

Lost time between then and the time husband calls and says he is on his way. Had my brain blow up I think. Mom don't tell Dad I drove you crazy all day please. You don't think the I went though hell today face doesn't show it?

We to and got the game and shopped a little. Phone calls ignoring not answering. Zello call. What do you want? What are you doing? Shopping see you when we get home. 15 minutes later text message Mom where are you?  Getting chicken mmmm.

Fast forward playing the game all night. Was enjoying a peaceful sleep when I was woken up to the excitement of a game play. Note to self move kid and Xbox in garage. Mom this game is so cool. Wide awake wide eyed full of energy at 2am. Shook my head let the dogs out contemplated on sleeping on the deck away from game land.

Well it is all good until September 17 when it will be Grand Theft Auto V Day. It has been reserved already. Hopefully hubby will be home early that day. Until then must recharge going to need it in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment