Sunday, February 24, 2013

SodaStream


SodaStream

So I decided to purchase a SodaStream. We really don’t drink a lot of soda in the house except for ginger ale.  On the HSN (Home Shopping Network) one day they had the SodaStream on Special so I decided after watching the presentation (which I wasn’t really paying to much attention on but the price) I decided it was a great deal and I would buy it.

My son was waiting in anticipation daily for the mail waiting for the SodaStream to arrive. Within about a week we got it. I looked at it after opening and said hmm I need to wait a bit before I pull this all out. I read the instructions a few times and after a few days. Yes days. I decided that we were going to try it out.

Opening the box everything was neatly packed it. Well it was till I took everything out and tried putting it all back in the right way.. you all know how that goes. My son decided he was going to help and be my helper.

I put it on the counter with all it’s extras and you get a lot of extras from HSN. First I have to install the carbonation bottle looked easy in the directions. Took me about 3 minutes to figure that out. Wait till you hear a loud click…didn’t hear the loud click kept taking it off and putting it back on again. Ugh .Then it took me another 5 minutes to figure out how to put the back of the unit back on after I put the carbonation bottle in it. Duh there is a little hole that you fit the square piece in. Wish I wasn’t brain dead at that point. Felt really stupid.

Then comes the fun you take the bottle they give you fill it with cold water to the line. The line only, not past it. Then you screw the darn thing into the unit. That was easy pump till you see bubbles. Ok pumping, pumping, pumping..nothing…Ok take the unit apart again. Push carbonation bottle top piece till you here a loud click…finally the click. Oh Goddess is this going to take all day. It is already about a half an hour.

Put the bottle back in again and pump the top. Finally bubbles, carbonation ok now what. Back to directions oh ok just dump whatever flavor you want in the bottle after you take the bottle off. Alright son choose kool-aid cherry flavor. Makes 50 liters it says. Oh great 22 year old going to be high on sugar for the day. Oh wait breathe not a lot of sugar in this SodaStream stuff.

Next shake bottle to mix…oh dear Goddess that may cause a volcanic eruption in the kitchen. Make sure lid on tightly and shake. Son tries to grab bottle after shaking. No. I am holding on till this stuff is settled not having a volcanic eruption in the kitchen.

All and all it went great. I really like it and I like it came with flavors to make water to.

Most of the day son finishes SodaStream concoction he wants another. Ok he is not going to use this machine just yet. So Ok bed time bubbled kool-aid now. Thank goddess not a lot of sugar.

Next day.

Son: Mom going to make myself a kook-aid with the SodaStream.
Me: Ok you remember how to use it right.
Son: Yes Mom
Son (a few minutes later): Mom help there is a big mess the bottle blew up.
Me: Ugh (Boy tried to open bottle right after shaking)

I get downstairs there is cherry kool aid on all over the counter on the cupboard and I think there was some that made it to the ceiling. I sighed what did you do? Oh I didn’t think it was bubbly enough so I put it back in the SodaStream and pressed the the button and bam it was everywhere.

So I take the bottle off clean up the mess. Mom will you make mine. At this point unless I want the kitchen painted cherry kool aid red I made it. I warned him next time you touch it make sure flavor after not before or after done and not bubbly enough. Spend a bit cleaning the kitchen while son was upstairs on the xbox360.

My adventures with the SodaStream.
http://www.hsn.com/products/sodastream-fizz-soda-maker-starter-kit/6960235

No comments:

Post a Comment