Monday, June 15, 2015

Broken Friendship

I guess there is a reason to my madness I sometimes think. Before going to bed I was thinking of my son's broken friendship of someone he knew for over 10 years.

This year was rough for my son Bug in more ways then one. He had to deal with the dissolving of his friendship due to his friend's Dad. As parents I grew up trying to teach our son to treat others how you want to be treated. I learned that some parents inflict or influence their feelings on others.

My son was friends for years. Since my name parents moved in next door to him. For years it was great. He would go over hang out etc. Then late last year he had been hearing from his friend that his Dad was  saying things about him as well with another friend. Needless to say my son was very hurt.

One day they were on the phone and his father was saying things about my son. Some very hurtful things. Some can say its the stereotype of what people perceive. I just say he is an asshat. To put it mildy. He was saying my son and a friend of theirs was lazy. That all they want to do is play video games and they are bringing down their lives and he won't allow them to do that with him. My son and the friend his Dad was talking about are both Autistic in some way. My sons friends Dad decided to label them lazy because they have Autism. Needless to say I was disgusted. What I heard next further cemented that this man is a piece of shit. He sad his other adult son was lazy as well. He said he is throwing his life a way. By being lazy and that he works all these years and his friend can't keep a job and is lazy. His older son came back from overseas with PSTD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder). But, his son is lazy.

As the months went on my son didn't want to go over there anymore. He said he would let his friends Dad have it. He no longer felt part of the family that he knew for so long. He friend came over a few times then stopped. I don't know if he didn't understand or just was keeping them apart. His friend wanted to come over his Dad said no, I won't allow him to drag you down with him. His life is going nowhere and I will not let him drag you down to his level.

It was sad and crushing to say the least. I heard the recordings with my own ears. In which I begged my son not to have me listen because I will carry those words with me forever. Some things your just can't unhear.

He friend moved away this weekend. My son wouldn't say goodbye because of this kids Dad. He told Bug he will move back in a year. He wanted to stay with his brother but his Dad wouldn't let him.

It was very sad that my son had to deal with this. The bullying from his friends Dad. An adult. That he didn't even say goodbye. My son told me today that his friend moved on to his new life. I said he has only the life his father will allow him to have. Controlled by him. My son asked if I wished his friends Dad well. I thought for a minute trying to be the better person but what came out of my mouth was "No I wish him hell and that there are hurricanes, snakes and alligators down in Florida." I wish him karma lots of karma.

No comments:

Post a Comment