Friday, March 22, 2013

Carbon Monoxide Damage

Well I have been trying to let everyone know how serious carbon monoxide poisoning is. Well this week was my vestibular therapy. Your vestibular system controls things like balance. The balance that you need to get out of bed, stand up, walk, motion etc..

I was informed that my brain and my vestibular system aren't talking to each other. This wasn't a surprise to me or it shouldn't have been since my cns and my ans (central nervous system and autonomic nervous system) are as my doctor put it perturbed... But it was. I knew it wasn't linked to the current concussion plus I was dxed with vertigo about two years ago this was after the dx of chronic nausea.

On the way home I googled carbon monoxide and vestibular damage and what a surprise (not) it is linked very little studies have been done on it. But according to what I read it is permanent. I was told need to use my walker or cane all the time. Going to be going to therapy in order to help it.

This post concussion syndrome I have probably didn't help my damage I had already.

If when I am done writing my stories and you don't have a carbon monoxide detector I really suggest you get one. Ours was from our home we just had bought in 2002. It is a hard road and people wonder how I can deal with it. Truthfully I don't know how I do either. I just have to keep moving forward I guess the go with the flow. I am tired of the way it keeps flowing but carbon monoxide poisoning kills and if it doesn't kill it leaves lasting effects that you will have forever. Even at low levels. It causes serious and disabling illnesses. Yes I said illnesses. For your body is destroyed. Your main system that runs your body becomes disconnected from everything else and from there it seems each other system disconnects from the other and so on. There are no cures just treatment.

I say I am broken. My body is broken but my spirit hasn't. That is what may be what keeps me strong...

No comments:

Post a Comment